You are probably here because you want to learn how to make oha soup the exact way an Igbo woman would prepare it. Place a pan on medium heat, add about 1 litre of water, pepper soup spice mix, cayenne pepper, garlic, ginger, onions, seasoning, vegetable oil and bring to boil, this should be around 5 minutes. https://the234project.com/food/nigeria/catfish-pepper-soup-point-and-kill-recipe One of my favorites food recipes. Nigerian Catfish Pepper Soup (popularly known as Point & Kill) is that Nigerian pepper soup that is usually eaten in exclusive Nigerian bars and restaurants. It is traditionally made with Catfish however you can use Tilapia fish too or any other fish that does not easily break in soups. To start, boil some water on the stove. make sure the ingredients are not suspended on top. Catfish pepper soup (point and kill) is the most popular fish pepper soup in Nigeria. In a saucepan, saute the onion, celery and garlic in oil for 3 minutes (some onion pieces will be lightly browned). It is often found and enjoyed in many local bars as well as posh restaurants across the country. Put in separate pots. Hence, point and kill. The dish tastes great and gives a lot of energy to the nursing mother. They provide complete protein and it is a great source of vitamin B-12. Add ground or chopped pepper, chopped scent leaves and cook on medium heat for 15 minutes. It`s called Ofe Nsala soup or just Nsala Soup. It was the Igbo pepper soup. To clean catfish you will either need salt, hot water or lime juice to get the work done easily. Uses: condiment in soups, combined to make spice blends for peppersoup, added to agbo (bitters), put in water to purify it, added to palm wine as a flavourer. As a customer, you can choose the exact one you want, then they kill and prepare it for you. PepperSoup recipe made easy in nigerian style - Techhallmark Catfish pepper soup is another healthy way of cooking catfish aside grilling as you have the chance to add some healthy spices of your choice. There was another contender for this list. Let the leaf at least cook for 5minutes, put of heat and serve your catfish pepper soup hot. However, I’m just going to dwell on catfish pepper soup and I will leave the other catfish recipes for another day. 2. I add some chopped fresh pepper, I also and yellow peppe (the ata rodo version), it gives a special flavour to dishes. It can be eaten alone with a chilled drink. Nigerian catfish pepper soup has always been my best remedy for cold especially during the rainy season. Once the catfish is done, add salt to taste and leave to simmer for about 5 … Catfish is usually the fish of choice and I believe it is because it is predominant in Nigerian rivers and is the most farmed species of fish in Nigeria. 4 Also, add in your pepper soup spice mix, onions, pepper, seasoning cube, salt, ground crayfish and Bitter leaf (or Utazi). 2. Botanical name: Piper Guineense. Pepper Soup. Wash, clean and gut fish with lime/lemon juice to get rid of the sliminess. Wash goat meat and shaki/kpomo. Catfish pepper soup is one of Nige How to Cook Catfish Pepper Soup - Naijaaparents.com |Marriage Counselling|Dating and Relationship advice|Parenting Tips|Health benefits of Ewedu|Parenting Tips| Nigerian Food Recipes In a bowl filled with water, add the ulima seeds, uda seeds and calabash nutmegs. I love it when it is spicy and hot. This soup is also very tasty, but, in our humble opinion, Igbo Egusi soup is much better! Tilapia Fish pepper soup would have to be one of my favourite Nigerian Fish Pepper Soup. Other names: Bush Pepper, Guinea cubebs, West African Black Peppers. Once it starts to boil add the ground ehu, onions, habanero pepper and scent leaves and continue cooking. Finally, add the chopped scent leaves or uziza leaves and carefully stir the fish to combine with the other ingredients. Although catfish is very easy to cook, the annoying aspect lies on the area of cleaning it, this has made a lot of people to visit restaurants for this pepper soup rather than making it at home. Add scent leaves, stir gently and let the fish simmer on a low heat for at least 5 minutes. This toughens the pores and skin of the fish so that it does no longer fall apart at some point of cooking. This delicacy is a rich and tasty soup usually cooked with traditional catfish. Note: Catfish does not like much heat as a result of its flaky flesh, if you leave it too long on heat, Im sorry to say that you may hardly pick out one whole fish out of the pot, despite your hard labour. https://guardian.ng/life/food/point-and-kill-catfish-peppersoup-recipe One of the unique ingredients for this soup is the Catfish. Thyme is used as seasoning ingredient in preparing catfish pepper soup. Botanical name: Piper Guineense. There are other pepper soups In Nigeria aside catfish pepper soup, such soups include: goat meat, assorted meat, chicken, shrimps, snails and beef pepper soups. One of my favorites food recipes. The authentic Nsala soup recipe calls for fresh whole Cat Fish, which gives this soup its unique taste. When the catfish is almost done, add the crayfish, pepper and utazi leaves blend. Written by Chinenye Eseke You will find the video for this recipe at the b… Do not miss your chance to cook one of the best Igbo soups in Nigeria! This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. Also add the yam paste in small lumps and salt to taste. Stir in the tomatoes, water, bay leaves, orange peel, parsley, salt, thyme, pepper and cayenne. Catfish pepper soup is one of the easiest and fastest to cook in the repertoire of Nigerian pepper soup but it is also very easy to mess up. 1 big sized catfish cut into 4 parts or more, 4 pieces of uziza seeds (optional), blended, Small amount of uziza leaves/ spring onions/ scent leaves (nchawu), chopped. (Learn how to overcome some of its pitfalls here). Visit Food to get updates on latest food recipes in Agathas Cusine. i dont like my catfish pepper soup too watery.. Add two tablespoon of ground crayfish. Ofe Nsala (Nsala Soup) is a delicious soup, popular in the eastern part of Nigeria. Its colloquial name “point-and-kill” always rings a bell in the ears of many Nigerians, and for the most figurative of reasons too. It can be eaten alone with a chilled drink. In a large pot on medium heat, add your catfish, season with Maggi crayfish, salt, dry pepper and add water to the level of the fish. Hello everybody, it is me, Dave, welcome to our recipe page. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Nsala soup, also called white soup is a delicious soup in Igbo land. Boil water to 70-degree Celsius (nearly to boiling point) pour over the cup fish and wash to remove the slimy outer skin. Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe page. In a saucepan, saute the onion, celery and garlic in oil for 3 minutes (some onion pieces will be lightly browned). 1 medium chopped onion 2. … Cover the pot and allow to cook-the pepper soup should be ready in 35-50 minutes. You can leave the fish a bit longer and serve it while its on the stove; this is to allow more flavour to diffuse out while it cooks. Add 1 cup of water to the fish and add some nutmeg or any other traditional season of your choice and lower the heat for the fish to cook slowly. Catfish pepper soup is a spicy fish dish that ranks high among the most exotic delicacies in Nigeria. Add 1 seasoning cube, salt, and the ground pepper/crayfish. › Igbo indigenous food – Ji Mmiri Oku (Yam Pepper Soup) Igbo indigenous food – Ji Mmiri Oku (Yam Pepper Soup) By vci on January 10, 2017 • ( 0) In Igboland, whenever a baby is born the mother’s first meal is ji mmiri oku (yam pepper soup) with fresh or dried fish. It is the only soup made without palm oil, so it tends to look like a slightly thick pepper soup. If the fish isn’t cleaned out, you will have to gut it and clean it out yourself. A Point and kill, Is a delicious delicacy enjoyed by Nigerians, it can be enjoyed with White Rice and Agidi. Uziza. Additionally, when using catfish to prepare soup, always remember that catfish has a lot spiky bones; you can simply steam the fish lightly and remove some of the bones before adding it to your soup. Stir in catfish; return to a boil. Catfish can be prepared in many ways such as boiled, grilled, baked and fried catfish. Catfish Pepper Soup should always be served hot. 1. Transfer the washed fish into a pot, add a 2 cup of water, you want the fish almost submerged in water. Catfish Pepper Soup is called 'point and kill", because of how the fish is picked up at the local Nigerian market. Ofe Nsala – White Soup is a soup, popularly cooked by Anambra state in Igbo tribe of Nigeria.A rich and tasty soup cooked with traditional catfish. Lagosmums Catfish pepper soup is easy to make and does not take long to cook. This may be of help to you especially for your younger kids who may not have the ability to select the bones by themselves. you will need, one medium size fish. 3. Leave the fish to cook for another 5 minutes. Ofe Nsala – White Soup is a delicious soup, popularly cooked by Anambra state in Igbo tribe of Nigeria. Thyme. It can be eaten alone with a chilled drink. It is so simple to cook and takes less than 20 minutes. How to make Fish Pepper Soup. Uses: condiment in soups, combined to make spice blends for peppersoup, added to agbo (bitters), put in water to purify it, added to palm wine as a flavourer.

Algebra 2 Complex Numbers Worksheet Answers, Luigi's Mansion 3 8f, Cook County Board Of Review Pre-file, Mmu Solan Reviews, Minnesota Snowfall Totals, Sarcasm Sign Gif, Enable Self-service Password Reset Office 365 Hybrid, Movies About Friendship, 3 Interlocking Circle Necklace Gold,

Uncategorized

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *